Naughty & Nice List 2010

The Naughty & Nice List 2010 is a tag started by Jen that asks every one to list their best and worst products of the year. I had trouble cutting it down to five on each side but this is what I came up with:

Naughty
1. Creme de la Mer


Nope I didn't mistakenly put this on the wrong list! I really wanted this to be the miracle cream that everyone raved about. But needless to say it wasn't. I did finish the entire jar but Creme de la mer is Creme de la mediocre at best. And not even close to worth the hefty price tag.

2. Bliss Fabulous Foaming Face Wash


It didn't help that I was overly exposed to this face wash this year. Not only did they have it in the bathrooms of all the W Hotels that I stayed it, I also got a free full sized bottle from the Sephora Skincare challenge. While it's called the "fabulous foaming" face wash, it barely foams at all! Takes way too much of this product to clean your face. The smell is pleasant but that's about all.



3. Jemma Kidd Eyeliner



I'm embarrassed to admit I paid $16 for this eyeliner. At Target. And I bought two different colors. Don't ask me what I was thinking -- I was in the mood to do some colorful eyes and it was an impulse buy. The eyeliner does not go on smoothly and the color is barely visible. Next time I'll stick to Sephora.

4. BareMinerals All-Over Face Color in Warmth


I just don't understand this product. I love the Bare Minerals Get Started Kit for the value and all the high quality products included but WHY is this Warmth crap included??? It's bad enough as a bronzer but it's considered an "all over face color"??? Use it only if you want to look like a dirty homeless person.


5.Maybelline Eye Studio Lasting Drama Gel Eyeliner


I thought this was going to be the perfect Bobbi Brown replacement. It's half the price but not even half the quality. Light pigment and smudges like crazy. While imitation is the best form of flattery this eyeliner isn't the least bit flattering.

Nice
1. FAB Ultra Repair Cream



I've said far too much about this wonderful cream. Holy Grail. That is all.


2. Shu Uemura Cleansing Oil


2010 marked Shu Uemura's last year in the U.S. Market. While other brands scurried to take it's place with their own versions of cleansing oil, nothing can ever replace this true classic. Melts off your make up, leaves your skin super clean and smooth .... one of the best beauty products ever invented hands down.

3. Skin79 Hot Pink Super Plus BB Cream


I've put my skin through bb cream trial and error hell and back and the result was this awesome one by Skin79. It's very light with just the right amount of creamy and gives a nice coverage without the ghostly pale face.

4. Beauty Rush Hypergloss Shampoo & Conditioner


Some might say VS products smell like a cheap hooker but I'll take the cheap hooker smell any day over the perfumy smells of "higher end" shampoos. From drugstore to salon brands I've tried them all and the shampoos and conditioners from Victoria's Secret trumps all in both quality and (in my opinion) smell.


5. Laura Mercier Secret Camouflage Concealer


Some concealers are too wet and watery. Some are too dry and cakey. Well this little duo has both excellent wet and dry concealers to suit your needs whenever they change. Both have full coverage perfect for blemishes and dark circles -- but doesn't have the nasty caked-on effect.


And don't for get to check out the famous Allure Best of Beauty 2010 List!

Deal of the Day:

Enjoy 50% off entire stock at Beautyticket.com!



Take an additional 50% off their already majorly discounted designer makeup. Enter code: NEWYEAR50 at checkout. Ends January 1st.

1 comments:

Tanya said...

I wanna try 4 out of 5 on ur nice list :)