Dollar Tree Beauty Haul



So I know not everyone sets aside a Sephora bankroll.  But hey, I don't discriminate when it comes to beauty!  In fact those who know me will quickly tell you I'm quite the bargain hunter.  When I'm low on funds or just for the heck of it I like to hit up my local Dollar Tree for an affordable beauty fix!You'd actually be pretty amazed at the amount of drugstore name brands they carry -- and I've even come to depend on the Dollar Tree for some of my every day staples.


LA Colors Expressions Liquid Eyeliner

Applies a nice fine line but can get a little crusty.  I like to layer this on top of the pencil liner.

LA Colors Auto Eyeliner

These are always in stock and I've been known to buy five at a time!  Not the best eyeliners in the world and can get quite smudgy but it works great under liquid liner when you want to create a thicker line -- and absolutely perfect for tight lining.


Sally Hansen Lip Gloss

 
It's kind of sad (yet pretty amazing) that a dollar store gloss falls into my lip gloss top 5.  Sally Hanson definitely got these right -- ESPECIALLY the Lacquer Shine -- whenever I'm lucky enough to find these I buy out the whole store.  Most girls complain about gooiness in lip gloss but that's exactly what these are -- utter gooey perfection.  Gives your lips that thick glassy "lacquered" look and the perfect tint of color. 

Swatches of Liquid Liner, Pencil Liner, Lacquer Shine Lipgloss in "Orchid", respectively


Maybelline Mineral Power Blush Naturally Luminous Makeup


 
I grabbed one of these some time last year just to try it out and ended up really liking it.  Great pigment and very pretty pink.  I haven't been able to find any since so I was pretty excited to see them again.  I picked up "Gentle Pink", "Original Rose", and "True Peach."


Colgate Sensitive Multi protection Toothpaste
My parents and boyfriend can only use Sensodyne toothpaste which can get pretty expensive at about $5-6 a tube.  What is it with Asians and sensitive teeth?  So I was happy to find this name brand "dupe" for only $1.


Cover Girl Eyeslicks duo gel liners in neon pink and lilac
I'm not much of a Cover Girl fan -- reminds me of high school -- and even then I didn't love it lol.  But at 50 cents each ($1 for a duo pack) why not give it a whirl! 


Misc Eyelashes and Nail Jewels


 Loreal Lipliner & Eyeshadow Duos


Elf Lashes, Lipgloss, & Nail Polish


Almar Eye Palettes
 I saved the best for last!  Ross has been known to carry these high quality $3.99 dupes of the Too Faced Smokey Eye and Natural Eye Palettes.  They also have both at the Dollar Tree -- same brand -- just without the blushes.  The colors are surprisingly creamy and pigmented.  (Click on images for a larger view.)







Deal of the Day:

Get 10 of Sephora's best skincare samples with any purchase.  Enter "SPLURGE" at checkout.

26 comments:

siwing said...

your dollar tree has the best stuff !!!!

lol i've only seen the too faced dupes at my store.. but i want to try some of the maybelline blushes.. hehe.

Tanya said...

I have very sensitive teeth too.

Rai said...

Oooh good finds!

xoladiihoneyxo said...

Dang girl, I never find those at my DollarTree and I've been to three stores already! So lucky lucky you! hehe.

Austin said...

Get $20.00 for only $10.00 on Amazon.com!!!

This is today's Living Social Deal! Totally legit!

https://livingsocial.com/deals/21336?ref=conf-jp&rpi=4492789

faye lu review said...

i agree. i just brought my first house and can't justify spending as much as i use to on makeup and beauty products *sigh* having said that, i've discovered this year that there are some great products out there that are giving the high end brands a run for their money. thanks for sharing x

yourstrulypam said...

Great Haul! Maybe I'll have to go check my dollar tree out to see if I can find awesome stuff too.

Hollie said...

Awesome Picks!
I love the Maybelline Mineral Power Blush Naturally Luminous Makeup, I have the one in Peach.

I should check out the Colgate Sensitive Multi protection Toothpaste. I use sensodyne.

makeupbykatie said...

Whoa! Your so lucky you have a good dollar tree store(=

MEOW said...

wow... ur dollar store carries amazing items!!
im guessing dollar tree = dollar store?

Michelle said...

Dollar trees are amazing! I heard of one called Dollar Land which was supposed to be epic. Too bad we don't have them here.

Isabel said...

that's a big haul lol I use sensodyne too. it's really good but we only buy when it's on offer as it's pricy

Sushi said...

I Love dollar tree.....can find the best stuff sometimes

Brooke said...

dang I need to go to the Dollar Store! Thanks for following my blog, I love yours!

Donna said...

hi new follower here n_n!

omg they have the maybelline blushes!!! they were discontinuing them a few months ago and i was soo sad because true peach was my fave. i gotta check out the dollar store :)

donna
mysweetmilktea.blogspot.com

Helen said...

Love your blogs!

FunnyFaceBeauty said...

Wow awesome haul. Canadian dollar stores definitely don't carry that kind of makeup. Great stuff
xx

Dani said...

Yeah, the dollar stores by my house never have things like this either! I wish!
Great haul!

Rainy Days and Lattes said...

I wish I'd discover your blog sooner!! :) You have such great content!!

And wow!! Dollar Tree has some AWESOME things!!!!!!!!!! I can't believe you got all of those for so cheap!! :) definitely a worthwhile experience! hehe

TinnyMey said...

lovley blog :)

Austin said...

Sensodyne is THE BEST toothpaste for people with sensitive teeth (aka biting into ice cream and scrunching your face). But I never knew they had generic versions out there or at least Colgate brand for only $1!!! That's just cuckoo crazy!

Thanks Lip Gloss Love Affair!

Ahleessa said...

OMG your Dollar Tree is amazing! I wouldn't mind getting the Maybelline mineral blushes... hehe~

Animo said...

KELLY! I went to dollar tree today to buy those palettes and they told me I couldn't buy them because they have a recall!! And the register wouldn't let it go thru.. You should take them back.. So disappointing.

MSodapop said...

wow, only a dollar for the toothpaste? i need to go there! i wish i lived there. haha

Mandy said...

Wow you got some great stuff!

Anonymous said...

[url=http://www.pozycjonowanie.v5top.pl/]pozycjonowanie[/url]