An Impressive You Tube Guru

Youtube "gurus" are a dime a dozen.  And while I can sit for hours on end watching these videos and be entertained, I would rarely say that I'm impressed.

Take away the fancy editing, the voice overs, and the obnoxious music -- add in heart-to-heart honesty, eloquent speech, and classic beauty that rivals Olivia Palermo -- and you get Nurberxo.



This Saudi Arabian beauty prefers using her fingers to apply eye shadow, jojoba oil to remove her make-up, and doesn't even OWN a Mac brush or shadow.  And she's so well versed that if she told you she were a doctor you'd probably believe her.

Some people may be bored with the frill-less videos and extensive talking but I find her extremely knowledgeable and talented.  And in a strange way she makes you feel as if she really cares about the way your skin and make-up looks.  It's definitely refreshing to see a YouTuber that hasn't conformed to the masses and remains practical .  And not to worry -- her make-up skills are ON POINT.

Semi-DIY Fruit Enzyme Mask/Scrub
Here is a fantastic semi-diy mask/scrub that she recommends.

All you need is:
($3.99 @ CVS)
(found at CVS, Dollar store, etc)


Directions
1) Add a couple drops of water to 3-4 tablets of aspirin to break it down
2) Gently scrub your face with the aspirin for 5-10 seconds
3) Squeeze out some of the enzyme mask and massage it onto your face (over the aspirin) for another 30 seconds.  This will further break down the aspirin bits.
4) Leave the mask on for 10 mins then wash off. 

Notes:
The aspirin contains salicylic acid and the mask contains pineapple extract and AHAs -- all wonderful exfoliants.  Your face will feel incredibly soft and supple after using this mask!


Deal of the Day:

Hautelook is having a sale on Michael Todd cosmetics.  Get 50-70% off a gorgeous selection of blushes, mascaras, shadows, lip gloss, and more.  Ends Friday, Jan 21 at 8am Pacific.  Check out the sale here.

17 comments:

Michelle said...

SUBSCRIBED! Love the video you embedded! You sold me on her!

yourstrulypam said...

I love watching makeup gurus on youtube too. Although I have not seen hers I think I'll be watching all of hers too.

siwing said...

she sounds lovely! the video is blurry though.. i'll check out her other videos on youtube.. thanks!

Kym said...

she's gorgeous! and you're right, sometimes less is more when it comes to making videos... her talent speaks for itself and she doesn't need to dress up her videos for people to watch it.

prettyinthedesert said...

Gosh she's gorgeous!! I will definitely watch all of her videos.
Thanks for the follow! :)

Carrie said...

thank you for following my blog. don't forget to enter my blog anniversary giveaway! It's Huge!
http://chooseyourhype.blogspot.com/2010/12/my-blog-anniversary.html

LilyLipstick said...

That's an amazing idea to make a facemask from aspirin - I'll have to give it a go sometime.
Fab blog :) x

Lori said...

i love watching makeup tutorials, i love that she uses her fingers, i do that all the time ;)

...look closer

Jennifer Scavone said...

hey! i like your blog =) you can visit mine at

http://jenniferscavone.blogspot.com

Ciao!

NatalieSecretCode said...

Thank you for the invite to your contest! I subscribed... Shall do an entry too!
And indeed a lovely Guru there!
:)

modniza said...

hello.Kelly!thank you so much for your comment!you are amazing!

Iyah said...

That's such a nice vid! great guru =) I'm scared to try this facemask :P but I've been so curious about it.

Riya~ said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Riya~ said...

Hello Love,
thanks for following I also followed you as well. I'm loving your blog, you have so much things that I like/love lol. I'm actually not going to join your giveaway, simply because I have both of the Urban Decay palette already lol and that would be selfish of myself to join, I would rather let someone who never tried Urban Decay enter instead! But I'm officially a new follower =)

Madiha said...

I gave you a blog award :)
http://obsessiveness4makeup.blogspot.com/2011/01/finally-blog-award-and-two-together.html

"L" said...

She has great videos.

Fashion said...

I also use fingers to apply everything on my face and have no Mac brush or product. Is it so bad??:O