Puppy Beauty Products & Photoshoot

I recently babysat my brother's one year old cockalier for a few weeks.  A cockalier is a designer mixed breed and is a cross between a cocker spaniel and a king charles cavalier.  They usually tend to look like one or the other -- my brother's dog Charlie looks more like a cocker spaniel, but my cousin's cockalier, Emi, looks almost full king charles cavalier. And they are ridiculously expensive -- Charlie and Emi were both around $1000!  I think that's way too much for a mix -- designer or not!


Charlie
Emi

Charlie absolutely LOVES cuddling -- he seriously finds THE cutest positions to sleep in!





Anyways being the doting auntie that I am I went a little crazy with doggie supplies at Pet's Mart.  I also learned that collars are harmful to dogs -- they can choke and strain the dog's neck.  Charlie gets especially excited on walks and pulls like crazy so I picked up a harness for him.  It's a bit of a struggle to get on but I can see the positive difference when he yanks the leash!




I also discovered a brand called Pet Head -- created by one of my favorite shampoo brands, Bed Head.
They carry doggie shampoos, conditioners, sprays, and wipes that come in delicious smells that linger long after the bath -- just like the human versions! And they have special formulas for skin soothing, deodorizing, dry & sensitive skin, and tearless -- even dry and "quickie" shampoos for dogs that are afraid of baths -- so your pup can get a customized clean!

Charlie LOVES baths and the "feeling flaky" shampoo is perfect for him.  It smells like strawberry yogurt and is gentle for his sensitive skin.  And the paw and body wipes are great -- I wiped down Charlie with the "pup n' fluff" wipes after a muddy run in the park and he was spotless and smelled of juicy pears!



Pet Head also makes really cute clothing and accessories.  Very punk rock and hip hop -- I love the wrist band!



And I leave you with a little Charlie photoshoot.






13 comments:

rock-or-not said...

So cute !!!
I'm in love with him!!
Couldn't agree more with the collars..

BuNnYLuverz said...

charlie looks so sweet. i luv the doggy clothes too.

Donna said...

beautiful mix for a dog :)

Eden-Avalon said...

What a doll! Aww! He's so cute! Clearly not camera shy either. <3

shishiwaldorf said...

God I can't believe my eyes! I have a puppy who is almost the SAME of Charlie!! They're so cute and adorable, and funny and lovely...I'm in love! :)

xoxo
http://shishiwaldorf.blogspot.com/

D.Sadie said...

WOW! I can't believe how much doggies cost. That's crazy. But he's cute. =)

-Dinah
http://dgsbeauty.blogspot.com/

Mish said...

Naw, this post is too adorable. I love how doggies get their own brand of hair products haha.

x

xoladiihoneyxo said...

dogs in general are expensive... at the pet shop that is. Mine was retail for over $1,000... god, I hate saying "retail" on my little boy =[ My dog is a Bichon Frise ;]

I wanted to give the Pet Head a try but never thought if I should or not. I agree, collars can become dangerous. Good thing, with Teddy, he doesn't pull on the collar anymore. Every single time he did before, I yanked it real quick and make him walk by my side so now he knows to walk by my side even if I don't have a leash on him or stay close to me. BUT if I know there's going to be people out then I don't walk him without a leash just because he's still a puppy and loves to play and greet people so some people get scared and run for their lives... which means he chase after 'cause he think they're playing with him -___-'

Did you know, they also have gel for dog. lol. I wanted to give Teddy an Asian mohawk when his hair was super straight but its starting to become curly.

sugarcoated said...

Aww soo cute!!! :)

Liz said...

So cute! But wow that is a lot for a mix! My dog's purebred and cost $1300. But Charlie does seem really cute. :)

Anonymous said...

omg best post ever!!!

weralldreamers said...

they are so cuteeee! <3

I also have 2dogs and they are the best thing ever!


http://sweetdreamsrmadeofthis.blogspot.com/

Jen said...

OMG Charlie looks identical to my dog. I have a cocker and no joke they are identical twins, except Charlie has a longer tail. My dog has the same color and freckles on his nose and white on his stomach. Too cute!