Summer Sun Essentials


Summer is officially here and the whole country has the temperatures to prove it!  I've been making my rounds to the Vegas pools and am happy to say I finally have a tan going on!  The boyfriend holds "high label" cards at most of the strip properties which means free access to pretty much every pool and pool party on the strip!  I decided to make it my mission to visit a different pool daily and eventually do a "best pools in Vegas" post because Vegas seriously has some of the most beautiful pools in the world!







For the most part I've been careful with the sun block but on one occasion I laid out at the Bellagio pool without my Banana Boat for a measly hour and I was burnt to a crisp!  One hour!  I thought it would be okay because the day before I was at the pool for 6 hours with just an SPF 15 and barely got a hint of color.  Yeah biggest mistake ever -- ended up having to stay in for a good week to heal up.

So the desert climate in Vegas definitely requires some special products to stay in beauty shape.  The city makes me prone to brittle nails, split ends, flaky skin, and chapped lips.  And the 110 degree summers are absolutely brutal.  Here's what I take to hit the pool:

Shiseido Ultimate Sun Protection Cream for Face SPF 55 PA+++

 Every beauty blogger seems to rave about this sunblock -- and with good reason!  Shiseido packs in a super high SPF to give an extra boost of protection for the delicate skin on the face.  It's also mattifying and controls oil so you don't have to get that "sunscreen slick" when you sweat or wear make-up.



I know I've mentioned this before but his stuff is a MUST HAVE.  Time flies when you're in the water and having fun but just sitting out on a chaise gets boring and HOT -- and sometimes you just don't feel like jumping into the pool and getting soaked.  The Evian Mineral Water Spray offers cool relief for both face and body.

Kiehl's Lip Balm SPF 15

 Most of us don't leave home without chapstick but sometimes we forget that our lips need SPF too.  The Kiehl's lip balm in color 30G provides a hint of golden peach to the lips while protecting them from harmful UV rays with SPF 15.  It's moisturizing and relieves dry lips without to being too thick and greasy.


The sun and pool water (or ocean water) are a double whammy of bad for the hair.  This spray contains grapeseed oil and other antioxidants to protect your hair from the sun and chlorine.  It also helps to prevent your hair color from fading.  My hair was supple and shiny even after a long day in the sun.

Benefit Benetint & Posietint

These lip & cheek stains are perfect for a hint of summer color.  None of that heaviness from powders -- just a nice glow.  I like the Benetint for a berry stain on the lips and the Posietint for baby pink cheeks.

Banana Boat Ultra Mist Sport

 I'm so upset I didn't discover this stuff sooner!  Both the mist and cream versions of this sport sunblock absorb right into the skin.  And it won't drip off with sweat or get slimy in the water -- you might even forget you have it on!  The mist version is perfect for those who are lazy when it comes to reapplying.  It's the summer of spray products!

E-Reader

It seems like EVERYONE at the pool has a Kindle or Nook.  I got my Nook rooted (aka jailbroken) and it pretty much works as a Galaxy Tablet now (or a mini iPad) with full access to the Android market!  Reading books, catching up on blogs, checking e-mails, and facebooking definitely helps pass the time when lying out.  Although I do have to say the black-and-white kindles and nooks are better for reading out in the sun.


10 comments:

Beauty Writer said...

I absolutely love Vegas and the pools are amazing! Thank-you for the summer product recommendations too :)
http://putbeautytowords.blogspot.com/

Chloe Mia said...

I love summer great pics!
chloe-mia.blogspot.com

Joey said...

Cool list! I love my Benetint, gives me just the right amount of blush.

Thanks for sharing the pics!

Lau said...

I Love benetint and posie tint :D they are gorgeous <3

little-ohh.blogspot.com

mumuji said...

I wish I had more time in Vegas when we were there. We stayed at Tropicana and the pool there was average...

Ke said...

love the vegas photos! I just did a top 5 summer essentials post too so please check it out when u have a moment :)

ke
blissfullyke.blogspot.com

makeupbykatie said...

Those pools look amazing! Definitely love summer <3

Michelle said...

The pools look absolutely amazing!!!!

Light Love said...

The pics are gorgeous!
Checks for me: sunscreen, facial spray, and e-reader! <3

GoGoz said...

Ohh lovely photos! *o* ❤

http://gogozlove.blogspot.com/