Washington Bridal Showcase

A couple of months ago my newly engaged friend Eunice invited me to tag along with her to the Washington Bridal Showcase.  Now I will admit I do not know the first thing about weddings -- other than the bits and pieces I remember from my flower girl days. Not to mention all the planning that goes into one.  Most of my friends either had court weddings or small ceremonies and I've never been involved in the actual process so I was very curious about this Expo.  And as a member of the bridal party I thought it was my duty to really take away something from it.  But truthfully all I really remember is cake, cake, and more cake!  We ate so much cake we couldn't take it anymore!



Somebody had me in mind when they made this cake.

Too pretty to eat!

Gorgeous dessert bar display



 They had a mashed potato bar with delicious purple mashed potatoes!


Lots of pretty table settings.


Eunice hand-made these beautiful cards for her bridal party
So what have I learned in the past few months?  Bridezilla is real -- lol jk jk.  But all the stress you see brides going through on those reality shows is totally realistic.  Eunice already had a couple of meltdowns and switched her dress three times!  I do have to admit the final dress is stunning though!  I used to have near meltdowns back when I used to organize club parties -- I can't even imagine planning the biggest night of my life.

I haven't been the best bridesmaid as I've been flying back and forth between the east and west coasts constantly but the best advice I can offer to other bridesmaids is just be as reassuring as possible and always be there to offer your opinion and calm the bride down in times of need!  Right now I'm helping her scope out make-up artists which is pretty fun.  Trying to find some middle ground between the dramatic MAC look and the innocent Korean bride look which she thinks is too natural.

Anyone have any bridal make-up artist recommendations in the Washington DC area?  I can't wait for the wedding -- it's going to be amazing!  Congrats to Andy and Eunice!

11 comments:

Rainy Days and Lattes said...

I'm embarrassed to say I know nothing about weddings too! Except for the gorgeous cake and yummy foods :p

Nadia said...

WEddings love them...am just trying to avoid them till 30...:P

though I wouldn't mind a totally awesome fairy tale wedding but near the beach :P

Eunie said...

Thanks love! <3 i feel so special

Eunie said...

PS. I SAW READ THAT BRIDEZILLA PART! lol. i'm not that bad! i only had one melt down :(

Before the I DO's said...

PSS - you're an amazing bridesmaid xoxo

Joey said...

OMG look at those cakes!! Too pretty to eat!
Thanks for sharing the photos :)

iryn said...

the cakes looks yummy! :)


-Iryn
www.my-catwalk.blogspot.com


re-followed you again, changed my blog address. hope you could drop at my blog sometime :)

Hollie said...

I agree with what you said about that cake that looks like pillows... it's too pretty to eat!

MaviDeniz said...

i love bridal shows! the food is always so good and the shows really give you good ideas on what you may want for your own wedding :)

InesT said...

Those cakes look so delicious!
I want to bite one :p
Thank you for sharing :)

Follow me, if you still aren't ;)
http://ladyfashionoui.blogspot.com/
Have a fashionable day! <3
XOXO
IT *

Drew Watts said...

Pleased to know about this bridal showcase party and hope this information will help in arranging my best friend’s bridal shower party. Searched online for elegant NYC wedding venues and looking forward to book best venue soon.