Born Pretty Store & NOTD


Yes I'm a latecomer to nail plating but after drooling over all these beautiful bloggers' nails I caved in and put in my first order to Bornprettystore.com.  I purchased the 16 piece stamp set ($18.48) and 3 stamper/scraper sets ($3.03 a piece) for a whopping total of $29.40 including Airmail with tracking from Singapore.  (You can opt for free shipping but I'd rather get tracking for just a few bucks.)

My package arrived in 12 days which is quicker than a lot of eBay stuff I get from Asia!  And since Konad nail plates usually go for $7 a piece, these are definitely a STEAL.


It took a couple of tries to get the hang of the stamping part -- it's not as easy as the video tutorials make it seem -- well not for me anyways!  I guess it would help if I bought some of the special stamping polishes that are offered at both Konad and Bornprettystore.com -- but any thicker polish should suffice.

Here's what I used:

GNP French Manicure (White)
Color Club "Sultry" (Gold Glitter)
Color Club "Uptown Girl" (Mauvey Lavender)
Essie "Guchi Muchi Puchi" (Pastel Pink)
Orly Base and Top coats (not pictured)

And this is what I came up with -- please excuse the disastrously crispy cuticles and remember this is my first attempt!  I will definitely have to work on smoother nail polish application.


If you are interested in placing an order with Bornprettystore.com check out their website here.  They offer really low prices, fast shipping, great customer service, and they always have sales, discounts, and offers going on.   They're currently giving away 500 Hello Kitty nail plates for free!

9 comments:

Hollie said...

wow! you already have em! I've been planning to buy nail art stuff from their store too! their stamping tools and templates are crazy cheap! love your picks!

MzCherrie said...

awesome. i have been looking into getting some stamping kits so this is great. thanks!

Whitney @ ElementalStyles said...

I just bought their 12-piece set! I haven't tried stamping yet and I figured it was so cheap I'd get some! I'm super excited :) Your first mani turned out great!

Sidney said...

Nicely done - your nails look so freaking cute!

<3 Sidd

FunnyFaceBeauty said...

This is so amazing. I need to get a set like this!
xx
Alicia

tiffyama said...

SUPER PRETTY! I love how they offer cheaper alternatives to konad plates. :D I have one plate but...need the stamper. heh

Rachel said...

That is amazing - you've done such a good job on them!

Olivia Frescura said...

ooooh so cute!

Life of a girl called hawaiianpunchelsea said...

I actaully still have yet to purchase those nail plates, aha I am so late also. Your nails turned out absoluety awsome!!