Kim Nana's "City Hunter" Style


All you Korean drama geeks have probably been following City Hunter.  If not, you better get on it -- even if it's just for Lee Min Ho's shower scenes!  Haha just kidding.  Don't hate me but in all honestly, I don't find him all that attractive.  *ducks*  He's a little too thin and his face is just too fake.  What's this trend with all the Korean male actors getting that same parrot nose implant?


The heroine of the show, Kim Nana, on the other hand is SO adorable!  Not that she looks/acts/dresses anything like a secret service agent lol.  You will RARELY find me doing a fashion post but Nana's style is so comfortable and easy.  She lives in leggings, over-sized t-shirts, cardigans, and blazers -- and frankly, so do I!

Nana's t-shirts:


Nana's blazers

Nana's Cardigans

Nana tops off her look with her signature usamimi headband.  These wire "bunny ear" headbands blew up in Japan last year, made their way to Korea, and is only just recently hitting the US.  (Of course we're always last!)  It's interesting to see the way the different countries wear these headbands -- Japanese girls wear it sticking up in more of a bunny ear style and are mostly found on hime gyaru girls.  Korean girls wear it more flat and can be seen with more comfortable clothes for a "clean look."  And in the US it's currently a "hipster" style accessory.  We'll see how things evolve though!



Here's my take on some of Nana's simple looks.  Sorry about the picture quality -- I don't have a photographer handy so I had to use the self timer!


I actually made all my own usamimi headbands!  I'm having trouble finding them in the States and I don't feel like ordering from overseas and waiting 2-3 weeks.  I checked out Etsy and they average $15-20 PLUS shipping so I decided to open my own store and sell them for less lol.  Check out my Etsy shop here!


18 comments:

DeyiMizu said...

You look so adorable!

Marla said...

really cute looks :)
i especially love the bandana headband :)

marla
marlaandmakeup.blogspot.com

Janelle said...

Her style is so cute and comfy!

ELLE said...

Even Kim NaNa aka Park Minyoung is a Surgery made. I saw her old pics wayyy too far from now. btw,your'e more gorgeous than kim nana. ^_^

Nikki said...

Amazing stuff. Love the bows and the blazers...I wanteeeeeeee!!!!!

Reika Amakura said...

wow.. you just gave me an idea on how to revamp my old head bands,, will wait if you'll post how to make them :)

Mona said...

i'm addicted to korean series will find time to watch this one and hmmm knowing Lee Min Ho is here will really watch it.

Iyah said...

YOu are so adorable!!! and I love watching Korean dramas!!! <3 ahhh!! Nana's headband looks so cute!! I want my own usamimi headband too!! sell me some!! heehee!! :P You look gorgeous girl!!

PS: I work in a psych hospital (not so glamorous at all..lol!) and sometimes they mandate us to work 16 hours XP

Charlene said...

Oooh I love the wire headband look. I saw a lot of them last year in the states actually (but not that I saw anyone wearing them) I bought one from JCP but I believe Forver21 had a bunch. At least with their advertisements. Lol see what F21 has on their website. :)

Hollie said...

you look so adorable! I'm a Lee Min Ho fan, so I'll definitely watch this, thanks for recommending. I've watching so many US TV series lately NCIS, CSI NY, The Big Bang Theory, Nikita, etc... so I've been behind with the Korean drama...hehe

Joey said...

So cute! You did a brilliant job!

I know, right? The usamimi headband is also quite popular here now especially for spring/summer. But I bought mine a couple of years back when I was in Malaysia. Glad it's popular again, though, so I can wear it again haha

Mary said...

I want one of those headbands -- so pretty! I love City Hunter and Lee Min Ho :)

JanieL said...

Oooo where can I get these clothes?

Nic Nic said...

you kinda remind me of the leading lady in that drama! lol @ parrot nose implant comment.. haha! im not surprised if guys are having plastic surgery too -_-

tiffyama said...

CUTE!! :D

brownsmoke said...

totally love her style in this drama... hope to find something similar to these in my area as well ..

MoochiKRUNCH said...

I've been searching for this the entire DRAMA! Thank you for posting a blog on it. If you really do make, I'd wanna buy from you! ^^ Like you said it's very difficult to find it here in the states! I'm even having trouble finding them online! =(

lim.topher.83 said...

Love your blog!!!!! Keep up the great work and I'll definitely check out city hunters now!!!