Super Easy Hello Kitty Nails

Happy Hump Day!  I stopped by the Dollar Tree today and picked up some nail stuff to do a super easy Hello Kitty manicure. Make that easy and CHEAP.

I know I always say this in my nail posts but I'm a total NEWB at nails. I seriously envy those girls who can apply polish so perfectly. My hand is far from steady so I usually have to wipe off a few times and start all over. Luckily this is an easy design that ANYONE can do.  And obviously if you're more skilled than me, it'll look a lot nicer and cleaner than this haha.

Here's what I used:

  • LA Colors White Polish
  • LA Colors Art Deco in Yellow
  • LA Colors Art Deco in White
  • LA Colors Art Deco in Black
  • Color Club Red Sparkle Polish (I didn't buy this at the Dollar Tree because I already had it but I did see an "LA Colors" Red Sparkle Polish.  You can also substitute any red or pink polish you already own)
  • Red Star Shaped Nail Gems
  • DuraColour Nail Strips
Everything was $1!

Instructions:

1) Apply two coats of white polish on thumb and ring fingers
2) Apply two coats of red sparkle polish on the rest of the fingers.
3) Using the Art Deco in Black, paint whiskers and eyes on the thumb and ring fingers.
4) Use the Art Deco in Yellow to dot on the noses.
5) Use the Art Deco in White to polka dot the red sparkle nails
6) Finally you can either cut out a bow shape from the Nail Strips and stick it on (see thumb), or use two red star rhinestones to create a bow-esque shape (see ring finger).
7) Apply top coat on all nails

And that's it!  I think this design would also look especially cute on toes!  Be sure to post pics on my Facebook wall if anyone tries it out!

22 comments:

TheMissTwist said...

OMG these are soo cute! I use to do nail art like this all the time but now I'm just too lazy haha

http://themisstwist.blogspot.com/

D.Sadie said...

Aww, those are sooo cute!

Wendy said...

As Japanese would say... "kawaiiii!" Super cute! I love Dollar Tree, you never know what gem you'll find there. ;)

Doda said...

soo beautifull

PuppyLovePrincess said...

Ohmygosh, so cute!

Melsusu said...

Ahhh this is so adorable :3

Kimberly said...

Oh my gosh, how cute!!

sahar awan said...

ohhh so pretty cute...must try...thanks for easy tutorial steps...

Miss L said...

cute mani :)

http://eisaamitte.blogspot.com

Hollie said...

too cute! ^^

The Shoe Bunny said...

Haha omg so cute!!! You did a pretty good job! I love hello kitty! I'm a new follower btw - mind following me back? :D

http://theshoebunny.blogspot.com/

princess rHi said...

cute nail art^^
I too am a newbie when it comes to nails.. even just a one color application would be a challenge for me..ehehe^^

Sammiebbz * said...

ooo i wanna try this! ages ago i was lookin for a hello kitty nail art desgin but for beginners lol
but havent found one til now!:) cant wait to try itout xxx

Mi pequeño rincón said...

its cute!! :D sometimes I also paint them hello kitty, in my blog there are photos for if you want to see them ^^

Irishenchantment said...

these are super cute you done good!

shel xx

Doda said...

very cute :D:D:D

Edith said...

es super lindo me gusta =)

ChiChi81 said...

Ahhh too cute! I am a noob at applying nail polish on myself too lol The nail polish gets messed up when I'm using my non-dominant hand ;( But you did a pretty well with the nail art, gratz! hehe

cheers!

Wi
chichismusings.blogspot.com

Sombras Y Pintalabios said...

It´s really cute, and seems not too difficult to make,isn´t it?
I´ll try one day to do it too.

Amaia
http://sombrasypintalabios.blogspot.com

Ninna Berries said...

Sooooo Cuteeee!!!!!

Jessica said...

So cute!!! I will definitely have to try this (I just hope my eyes & whiskers turn out) :) Thanks so much xo

GirlieAndGlamorous ♥ said...

So Cute!!!