I know I always say this in my nail posts but I'm a total NEWB at nails. I seriously envy those girls who can apply polish so perfectly. My hand is far from steady so I usually have to wipe off a few times and start all over. Luckily this is an easy design that ANYONE can do. And obviously if you're more skilled than me, it'll look a lot nicer and cleaner than this haha.
Here's what I used:
- LA Colors White Polish
- LA Colors Art Deco in Yellow
- LA Colors Art Deco in White
- LA Colors Art Deco in Black
- Color Club Red Sparkle Polish (I didn't buy this at the Dollar Tree because I already had it but I did see an "LA Colors" Red Sparkle Polish. You can also substitute any red or pink polish you already own)
- Red Star Shaped Nail Gems
- DuraColour Nail Strips
1) Apply two coats of white polish on thumb and ring fingers
2) Apply two coats of red sparkle polish on the rest of the fingers.
3) Using the Art Deco in Black, paint whiskers and eyes on the thumb and ring fingers.
4) Use the Art Deco in Yellow to dot on the noses.
5) Use the Art Deco in White to polka dot the red sparkle nails
6) Finally you can either cut out a bow shape from the Nail Strips and stick it on (see thumb), or use two red star rhinestones to create a bow-esque shape (see ring finger).
7) Apply top coat on all nails
And that's it! I think this design would also look especially cute on toes! Be sure to post pics on my Facebook wall if anyone tries it out!