Frosting For The Cause: Green Tea Strawberry Shortcake

Hey guys!  Today I'm taking a break from beauty blogging to write a guest post for a wonderful cause.  Frosting For The Cause was created by the lovely Paula -- her mission was to bring together 365 bloggers and bakers -- one for each day of the year.  Each blogger pledges to donate $25 to the cancer society, as well as share a favorite dessert recipe and take her baked goods to the local hospital or women's hospice.

In addition, we will share a personal story of how cancer touched our lives.  In my case, my story is about my mother, who is a breast cancer survivor.   I also want to dedicate this post to someone who is very close to me who recently found a tumor in his pancreas.  This person has a family history of pancreatic cancer, and while he wishes to remain anonymous, please keep him in your prayers.

We as bloggers have a wide-reaching audience, and while I love my daily dose of lip gloss and mascara, I think it's important to use our influence to also raise awareness for important causes.

So please check out my post here and don't forget to enjoy my recipe for green tea strawberry shortcake!

So please take a minute to check out my post here, support your local cause, and heck, maybe even join Frosting For the Cause!


18 comments:

Silvia Quirós said...

wow it looks amazing! thanks for sharing!

Vyvy said...

oh my gosh that makes my mouth water!!

socialitedreams said...

great post! that cake looks amazing and i'm glad that your mom is a survivor :)

Mimi said...

Frosting for the Cause, that is fantastic!

Your cake looks delicious

Lady Fur said...

Amazing post! Delicious cake!
kisses from your follower! ♡
www.welovefur.com

Fannie said...

That looks yummy and for such a great cause.

black-sui said...

Wooow It looks soo good *O*

тainтed мeмories. said...

never tasted green tea cake but looks nice! x

Mica said...

omg that looks so good!!! :P~

FashionFreak/Mihaela said...

Great post. I really like your blog.^^

my blog-follow me♥mfashionfreak

Please follow me if you're not already so I could make a GIVEAWAY. I'd love to get more followers! I'll follow you back.

Joey said...

Hey hun, it's been awhile since I've commented (have been away). Just wondering, have you been to Malaysia already? I'd love to hear if you enjoyed your trip :D

Ana said...

well is looks delicious by the pict :D
***

MissFeelo said...

It looks so pretty!! I still want to eat it though, yum!

Ruxy said...

the giveaway is over. when will you announce the winner?

Jess said...

omg!!! looks so delish!!!

Kawaii-doll said...

Obserwuję i zapraszam do mnie :)
kawaii-doll-kawaii-doll.blogspot.com/

SGWrites said...

Lovely Blog,
A new follower from www.sunniewrites.blogspot.com, would love if you follow me back <3<3 <3 xxxx

v_tina said...

i want to eat it! <3