Valentine's Day Beauty Blogger's Love Package Swap



One of the neatest concepts I've been introduced to through the online make-up and beauty community is swapping.  Makeupalley has a sort of Craigslist for makeup swapping.  People can trade their lightly used or unwanted make-up for items that they do want or need.  There are so many country-specific beauty products that are impossible to get in other countries and this is one of the best ways to get your hands on some of those items.

A step up from make-up swapping is a love package exchange.  Cute little packages mailed to friends and other bloggers filled with beauty goodies and adorable decorations.  I love getting love packages but I especially LOVE putting them together for friends.

I've actually searched around the internet to look for holiday swaps to participate in but for some reason they're extremely hard to find.  I also constantly receive e-mails from readers asking if I would be interested in doing a swap.  So I thought, why not organize my own??

Valentiene's Day is the perfect holiday for a love package swap so I figure now is the best time to try to put this all together.  What do you guys think of an international Valentine's Day swap?

I've set up an interest form for those who would like to participate.  I do ask that all participants be bloggers with active blogs as this swap will be based on the honor system and hopefully the blogger integrity will apply to this swap.  Otherwise we'll get a whole bunch of random people just trying to get free stuff.  For those non bloggers who really want to participate, please  include another social media page you have such as Facebook or Twitter in the form.  I will require that you ship your package first and provide a tracking number before your swap partner ships your package to you. (It should only be a day or two apart).

The form will be open for one week from now until January 25th.  I will then e-mail all participants with their swapping partners.   I ask that you have your packages ready to be shipped by February 4th as most international deliveries take a couple of weeks to deliver.  It'd be nice if the recipient could receive their package by Valentine's Day but I know it can take some time so please just have it arrive before the month of February ends.

Also I haven't decided if the swap will be a direct exchange -- two people send packages to each other, or if it will be secret santa style -- everyone gets assigned someone to send the package to.  So please put your preference in the form.  Also please specify if you would like to participate in a $20 swap, $50 swap, or $100 swap.  Obviously we can't all afford expensive exchanges and do keep in mind that shipping can get pretty high.  But I think there should be a decent amount of value to make this swap worthwhile for everyone. The items don't have to be the EXACT value you choose but please keep it around your chosen price range and remember to make sure it's a package that you yourself would enjoy receiving.

Since this swap will be Valentine's Day themed, feel free to get creative with decorations!  Because this is a beauty blog swap, the package should contain primarily beauty products but if you need ideas here are some items you can include:

  • Skin Care
  • Make-up
  • Hair accessories
  • Bath Products
  • Stationary
  • False Eye Lashes
  • Nail accessories
  • Candy
  • Fashion or Beauty magazines from your country
  • Hand-made crafts or jewelry

For some great ideas please check out these links from Eki's page.  She seems to always get amazingly creative packages!

Also for those that are participating -- please spread the word so we can get a big variety or swappers and countries!

32 comments:

Frankie 泪水 said...

Ooops, I filled the form but forgot to leave my e-mail! (I left my postadress...) Should I fill the form again or... what should I do? xD

Kelly@lipglossloveaffair.com said...

@Frankie 泪水 Hi Frankie! I actually forgot to include an e-mail section in the form so thanks for reminding me. Please just shoot me an e-mail at kelly@lipglossloveaffair.com and I'll keep your addy on file.

Mary said...

fun fun! thanks for creating the swap!!

FashionFreak/Mihaela said...

this is so awesome.

GIVEAWAY♥mfashionfreak

Kiwi☆ said...

This is an awesome idea, I blog about it right-away!!!

timeforteaparty.blogspot.com

NaTT said...

**Rawr** WANT TO PARTICIPATE! But don't understand well the method T_T. What items can I to swap?_? make up and another stuff thaht I have but that I not use?>_<
(Sorry u.uU I'm dummy!!)

Beauty Blogger said...

Awesome idea. I can't wait to participate.

Kelly@lipglossloveaffair.com said...

@NaTTFor the love package it would be all new stuff at around the value you choose :)

D~tan said...

Great idea! I just signed up :D

Claudy said...

Love your giveaway..I hope to do it! ^_^

Facebook: Claudia Reale

shared: http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1466272165

Email: fairyspirite@libero.it

GFC: fairyspirite

Following networkedblogs: Claudia Reale

I follow you on bloglovin too ^^

Following on Twitter: https://twitter.com/#!/ClaudiaReale

DalaLuz said...

What a lovely idea :)

Kaja Elisabeth said...

amazing idea! Been wanting to do a swap ever since I first read about it about a month ago, but didn't know where to start! I've already sent my form, but I had problems with there not being a send button in IE and Firefox, but got it working in Safari. So excited!

Elisa ♥ said...

what an awesome idea xD im still hesitating to join though lol

Gina_xx said...

This sounds really good...I have filled out the form but don't know how to submit it or if it has done?! can you let me know on ginab1989@hotmail.com xxx

Renée said...

I just joined! Great idea and I'm looking forward to this swap event! <3

Eugenia said...

I signed up!!

Kelly@lipglossloveaffair.com said...

Hey guys! Just to clarify some things -- all items should be new with original packaging. Also for those having a problem finding the "submit" button on the form, try scrolling down -- sorry the form blends right into my background so it's hard to know that you need to scroll :(

Sweet Surrender said...

Oh yay! another blogging swap! I signed up to do another one through another blog, just waiting for my person to contact me back- i dont think they are active.

avoinette said...

Great idea!
I love swap! I began to find ideas'... But in France we have lots of products!!! so it's difficult to choose!
Waiting for your mail!
Stephanie

Anne said...

I can't wait! This is going to be so much fun!

Beatrice said...

I hope my subscription was registered *crosses fingers*, my connection is a little shaky today :)

prettylittlecupcake said...

i am also swapping from france but im not sure which products don't exist abroad (nail polish wise ect)

xx

MyBeautyWonderland said...

LOVE this idea, im a regular swapper on some beauty sites, ive just registered.

Mary said...

Fun! Fun! Hope mines went through

Mary

Rinny said...

I'm too broke right now to participate, but this is such a good idea Kelly! It's always so hard to get products not readily available in your own country, so I'm sure you'll get a great turnout for this event! :)

Anne said...

Is this swap happening? I signed up, but so far, I haven't gotten any mail with more information and the 4th of february is getting close :/

Mansikka said...

I's also asking the same question as Anne above, is this swap happening, 'cos I haven't got any email about this...

Anette said...

Just wanted to thank you for organizing the swap! I got my package on friday (http://touchmytiara.blogspot.com/2012/02/beauty-bloggers-swap-package.html) and hopefully my package will reach it's destination soon also. Great job! :)

Kiwi☆ said...

Thank you so much, everything turned out great!!!
Here's my gets from swap; http://timeforteaparty.blogspot.com/2012/03/late-late-valentine.html

Disincentive said...

Hey, are you okay? :< I'm new follower but I got worried because you didn't post anything in almost month... http://disincentive.blogspot.com/

Miss Iffa said...

I recently stumbled across your blog and I LOVE it! I've been scrolling through a few posts and I'm convinced your blog is the epitome of perfection! I love the layout to the content and everything in between! This is such a cute idea and I totally wish we could do wardrobe-swaps with bloggers! I am your newest, most avid follower!

Love from, THE EASTERN PEARL

Laura. said...

nice!
PS: Does you already participated in the giveaway on my blog: http://www.beautybloglaura.com/2012/05/winactie-2-goodiebags-van-elf.html